In a recent study using a fictitious social media site, 98% of the people missed the ‘gotcha clauses’ in the terms of service “about data sharing with the NSA and employers, and about providing a first-born child as payment.”
What We Collect and Why
We collect your name and email address. We use this information to setup your account and provide you access to our products and services. We also store this information in a third-party email marketing service in order to send you occasional emails with educational information, or promotions about products or services that may be of interest to you, or information about products or services you have already purchased from us.
We use information you provide us in our discussion forums, support requests you send us, emails you send us, etc. to provide you with our services and support.
We use a third party payment processor (Stripe) for your purchases. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.
All of the communication of information between the various third-party service providers that we use is encrypted.
How We Collect Your Information
- From you when we request your name, email address, etc.
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer by our third-party providers and include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on these websites and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the websites, and whether you open and use emails we send you.
Disclosure of Information
We do not make your information available to anyone other than the third-party service providers we use to provide our products and services unless we are legally required to do so. We will not sell your information to others. We expect that you dislike telemarketing and spam as much as we do.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing and informational emails from us by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of these emails.
At your request, we will remove your information from our records. You can contact us at [email protected]
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence.
Third-Party Service Providers’ Privacy Policies
- ClickFunnels: https://signup.clickfunnels.com/privacy-policy
- MailChimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/us/privacy/
- Brillium: https://www.brillium.com/privacy-policy/
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- SiteGround: https://www.siteground.com/privacy.htm